The world of traditional work has undergone dramatic changes before our eyes due to the recent pandemic. The paradigm of traditional 9-to-5 work hours has shattered, and a rise of hybrid workforce with flexible work hours is growing rapidly. The new way of remote working requires employers and employees to come to new terms, in which radical flexibility and adaptability gets more priority over job security and long-term benefits.
Earlier we have seen that in physical office, you as a leader need to lead the social and cultural dimensions of work. Remotely the scenery is totally changed, your priorities are primarily focused on operation, employee productivity and process. As a leader of the hybrid workforce you need a new leadership approach and modern skills to lead in a hybrid work set-up. And you must be able to flex between the two ways efficiently to run your team seamlessly.
Hybrid workforce is one of the biggest megatrends of this century. These are some of the properties indicating we are undergoing a considerable shift in the way employees work and the way managers lead:
- Official boundaries are becoming more obscure in the networked economy.
- Employees will work more in team- many in improvised nature. Individual work will require accurate monitoring.
- More external elements will be required to establish work relationships where unknown individuals will work together.
- Casual groups of workers outside the company will have greater impact on the success or failure of the company.
The hybrid workforce places new demands also on the company’s talent management processes and strategies.
- Structuring talent hubs for remote employees broadens the concept of talent management and provides expertise depending on the specific field.
- The requirement of flexible demand-based access to skilled employee seems to increase
- Expert talent management processes to be executed throughout the organization, put´s new demands on leadership.
- The flexible work from any location trend will broaden the scope to hire talent from anywhere from the globe.
- Companies that are able to attract and implement hybrid workforce strategy are likely to be successful in the changing world of work.
Focus areas to broaden the scope of hybrid leadership for hybrid workforce:
- Connect both internal and hybrid workforce and re-define the opportunity of talent management processes.
- The growth of hybrid workforce requires hybrid leadership who knows how to run the show
- Use of proper software and tech tools to maintain a fast delivering, productive and high performing hybrid team.
Implications on hybrid leadership
- To lead hybrid workforce managers require to put emphasis on developing hybrid leadership capabilities. Depending on remote employment types and different locations, managers need to know how to keep their virtual team productive, focused, and positively engaged at their work/projects.
- Knowing the skills in virtual facilitation is an essential competency for any leader. To run a hybrid workforce you need to learn how to develop interpersonal relationships to inspire collaborative partnership and develop strategic operations by being in touch with virtual and monitoring them properly.
- Managers should understand that his hybrid team has a bunch of people who work as per their own convenient time but measuring the employee productivity time through the use of the right tool. So the challenging part is to allow them to work as per their own choice of time, and yet let them be under the group and make the task done within a given time frame.
- A critical success factor mainly lies in the implementation of remote employee monitoring tools to monitor your hybrid team with whom you have probably never met before. The ability to monitor them, measure their productivity from a distant location through this software and finally feedback the hybrid team in the right way to keep the team at the right pace always.
When it comes to hybrid workforce, managers have a strong role to play. Your priority should be enabling employees to get things done and be successful at work. You have to ensure everyone has access to the tools and resources they need to be productive when working remotely. For example, consider one of the many new communication and remote monitoring platforms that facilitate asynchronous work among employees in different time zones or on different work schedules.Establishing the right monitoring tools will ensure everyone is engaged. And manage your own visibility to your remote teams by being available when and how employees need help, supporting employees individually depending on their needs, and knowing how your hybrid team is doing and the results they’re producing.
How can CloudDesk make hybrid leadership manageable
Hybrid work comes with challenges and great opportunities. Take advantage of remote employee monitoring software and be the hybrid leader that Organizations are looking for. CloudDesk is a remote employee monitoring software that can solve all of the above-mentioned problems and make you a great hybrid leader who knows how to accurately manage a hybrid team. This is a robust remote team checking application, made to eliminate the difficulties of overseeing remote teams faced by companies. Utilizing CloudDesk can easily establish a trusted remote working situation where employers have more confidence in employee participation while working remotely. The software provides a free trial for 14 days. So try it now.
Linda J. Branon is a Content Writer and Digital Marketer based in Los Angeles. Linda has more than 6 years of experience as a content writer covering tech, digital marketing, and the latest software.
Tech World Times (TWT), a global collective focusing on the latest tech news and trends in blockchain, Fintech, Development & Testing, AI and Startups. If you are looking for the guest post then contact at firstname.lastname@example.org