The importance of remaining Agile in todays’ competitive climate shouldn’t be downplayed. Now more than ever, test organization and efficient management are invaluable when trying to gauge the overall quality of your product or release. To cater to this release velocity and the volume, everything in a business, from the processes to resources and software testing tools need to ensure Agile workflows.
If you run a business that utilises Jira to organize and manage projects within your organization, you could benefit from a test management tool that allows for seamless integration with Jira to improve efficiency. Let’s go over a quick run-down as to why you might need to consider using Jira test management tools today.
- They allow for easier and faster user on-boarding
- With their deployment, there’s no requirement for new infrastructure
- Agile teams are able to integrate test cases within a sprint
- Remote teams, multi-location teams and interdisciplinary teams can use the existing Jira ecosystem
- It broadens the functionalities of Jira to cover test management
What Is Jira And What It Is Used For?
Jira Software was designed and developed by Atlassian and can be best described in their own words: “part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work.” Atlassian developed the software primarily to track bugs and issues that might result during test cycles.
Today, however, Jira has evolved into a powerful workflow management tool with multiple use cases. Its primary implementation can be seen in Quality Assurance where defect tracking is of primary importance. As Atlassian puts it, Jira can be leveraged to plan, track and release software as any organization can use it as a project management tool that can simultaneously function as a hub for all test cycles. Jira’s integration into QA testing companies makes it indispensable for designing tests, exploratory testing, bug tracking, manual testing, and product release.
When functioning as a test case management tool, Jira culminates the testing efforts of QA teams, software testers, other DevOps team members, and upper management under one uniform umbrella. This allows them to understand the test case environments better.
What Is A Jira Test Management Tool?
A Jira test management tool may be a testing management and quality assurance application that will be used inside Jira. These Jira add-ons are usually designed to help QA teams in achieving test automation functionality, sharing information in real-time, and therefore the ability to reuse test cases. Test management tools for Jira ensure that the integration of QA testing, tracking, and analysis is seamless.
Criteria For Best Jira Test Management Tools
What are some of the most common questions to ask yourself when selecting a management tool for Jira? Let’s look at a few that should be considered.
- User Interface (UI): How clean, easy-to-use and attractive is it?
- Usability: Is the tool intuitive? What happens when you run into roadblocks? How good is the customer service?
- Integrations: How good is the integration with all the other tools your company might be using?
- Value for money: Based on the software’s functionality, use case and the feature set it presents, is it reasonably priced? Are there any hidden costs you might have to worry about down the road?
Let’s look at the defacto best Jira Management Tools you should consider for your business:
- Kualitee: Kualitee is a strong cloud-based option for manual and automated testing. The tool features a powerful dashboard, stress-free project management, requirement planning, and test case management among others. It also integrated seamlessly with Jira, Selenium, Bitbucket, and Jenkins.
- qTest Manager: A popular mainstream option. The tool for developed with aiding testers in mind during a software’s development cycle. It features a clean and intuitive user interface and powerful integration options.
- TestRail: It assists you in tracking and managing your software testing efforts and structure your QA department. In addition, the tool easily tracks individual test status, projects, and milestones with activity reports and dashboards.
- Zephyr: Zephyr is one of the numerous Jira plugins that build on Jira’s capacities. Using this tool will enable you to create test plans, test cases, execute tests, produce reports, and locating bugs when testing software detects them.
- Practitest: Another cloud-based alternative to Kualitee, and is a technology and methodology leader in the realm of ALM. PractiTest offers its customers a superb end-to-end system to fulfill their testing and QA needs.
Tech World Times (TWT), a global collective focusing on the latest tech news and trends in blockchain, Fintech, Development & Testing, AI and Startups. If you are looking for the guest post then contact at email@example.com