The significance of automated test management software cannot be ignored as it plays a major role in enhancing the efficiency of the overall organization. Now the question arises, who runs this automation testing software?
The answer to this question is, “The Automation tester”.
Here are 7 secrets to master the art of becoming a successful automation tester.
1. Manual Testing Must Not Be Ignored
Tech companies are gradually moving in the direction of codeless automated testing tools. This is done, in order to reach the expert level and keep up with the competition of automation testing engineers in this technology industry. However, the significance of manual testing should not be overlooked.
This is because, after you get some experience, you will notice that automation is the replacement for manual testing but just to some extent. Therefore, there is no way you can ignore coding.
2. You Must Have Outstanding Technical Programming Skills
You must have knowledge of programming languages such as CSS, HTML, XML, Perl, Python, SQL, Java and C/C++.
The manual tester should master the skills like testing architecture and design, performance testing and configuration management, manual testing agility, communication between teams, analyzing and solving complex issues, agile, DevOps and continuous delivery. Learning these skills play a significant role in becoming a brilliant automation tester.
In addition, the amalgamation of the skills mentioned above can assist you to move to automated testing smoothly and easily.
3. Complete Understanding of The Application
The automated tester must have a complete understanding of the application. The common app details that all automation testers are required to take care of are:
• Programming languages used while developing the app
• The platform on which the app is built
• Databases that are involved
• Any web services/APIs connected to various parts of the system
• The objective of developing this app
• The features and functions expected from the app being developed
• Manual testing executed in this app
• Manual hours allocated on testing this app
• Existing unresolved bugs or serious problems
• The expected delivery date of the app
4. Experience the Automation Testing Tools
Majority of the companies around the world have already started incorporating test automation tools. The main reasons behind using these are: early bug detection, saving time and checking quality.
Therefore, you are required to experiment with the best automation tools available in the market. Experimenting with these tools allows attaining knowledge regarding their architecture, environment, viability for your app being tested and much more.
5. Regulate ATLC Procedure
ATLC is the abbreviation for Automation Testing Life Cycle.
We have to follow the life cycle for software development and testing. Similarly, automation testing also requires following a life cycle. To completely comprehend and follow the ATLM, people require the experience of the following.
• Decision making in automated testing.
• Examining automation tools.
• Automation testing procedure.
• Test preparation, design, and development.
• Test script implementation and supervision.
• Evaluation and calculation of test programs.
6. Develop a Test Automation Approach
After following ALTC methodology and experiencing test automation tools, you are in a good position to create a test automation strategy for your employer and clients.
In order to become an outstanding automation test engineer, you would need to prepare a test automation strategy, confirming the tools, the whole cost and return on investment calculation.
7. You Must Stay Updated with The Latest Testing Trends
Last but not least, it is very important to keep up with the latest test automation and software testing trends.
This is because the most trending best tricks, tips, techniques, tools and practices will enable you and your team to attain success in enhancing your test automation methodology and strategies.
Tech World Times (TWT), a global collective focusing on the latest tech news and trends in blockchain, Fintech, Development & Testing, AI and Startups. If you are looking for the guest post then contact at firstname.lastname@example.org